A call for nominations will be emailed in December 2018 to all past attendees of the Environment Virginia Symposium.
Submissions must be no more than 350 words explaining why the nominee is qualified. Representatives from the VMI Center for Leadership and Ethics reserve the right to eliminate nominees if they fail to meet criteria. Candidates may receive multiple nominations.
Finalists must agree to nominations and nominees must officially accept the nomination before their name goes on the ballot. VMI’s Center for Leadership and Ethics will post every approved nomination.
Nominees will be contacted by email or phone to conduct a fact-checking session to verify:
- the facts regarding the reasoning provided with their nomination
Nominees will receive information about:
- who nominated them
- the selection process
- the date by when we will select this year’s recipient
- Voters must be registered attendees at the current Environment Virginia Symposium
- Voting is online
- The top 10% proceed as finalists to the Selection Committee (the Selection Committee consists of previous Erchul Award recipients)
- A winner will be selected prior to the symposium
- The award recipient will be notified and will receive:
- two complimentary tickets to the Environment Virginia Awards reception
- a commemorative plaque
- $1,500 donation to the non-profit environmental group of their choice
- Recipients are only eligible to receive the award once in a lifetime but may participate as a member of the Selection Committee for future nominations.
- The most recent past recipient is invited to present the newest recipient with their plaque during the awards presentation.
- December 2018, nominations open
- February 2019, nominations close (date TBD)
- March 2019, voting
- Early to Mid-March 2019, winner selection
- Award ceremony during the Symposium (date/time TBD)